Good Morning! Can anyone else believe we are already 20 days into the new year? To be honest I feel like things are going a bit slower than they have in the past but I think part of that has to do with the fact that we aren’t preparing ourselves for classes to begin and trying to figure out how to pay tuition and buy books and schedule homework into our already busy lives. With Dusty accepting the position as pastor of New Life Baptist Fellowship we made the decision he would take a semester off from school so we could put our whole focus on the needs of the church. There is a lot of layers to unpack when it comes to taking on a position such as this so we just felt like it was a good time to no split our focus and attention any more than it has to be.
I had every intention of getting this list of goals written and shared by Monday, however, the weekend proved to be more than I could handle. It started when we got a frantic phone call that Dusty’s brother had been in a car accident and was in a hospital in El Paso. We were the closest family to him at the moment so I dropped the kids off with my mom and off we went to see what was going on. We arrived to learn he has a broken sternum and a long road to recover on his hands. The vehicle he was driving was totaled and that meant the rest of the day was spent trying to figure out how we would be getting him and the people he had with him home to Hobbs.
Saturday was a day at home but due to the loss of the whole day on Friday we were playing catch-up. Dusty still had to finish writing his sermon and prepare the weekly bulletin. I still had to grocery shop for several different things and get myself and the kids prepared for the busy day that would be Sunday.
On Sunday we were at church where Dusty preached a wonderful message on John 1 about the relationship John the Baptist has with Christ. We followed that with a fantastic potluck were we were able to continue to fellowship and get to know the members of our church. Once we were done there we quickly made our way out to the park where we participated in our hobby and the kids were able to attend their cousin’s birthday party. We ended the evening at Buffalo Wild Wings as we spent some much needed down time with friends who are quickly becoming family.
By the time we made it home and to bed the weekend had truly taken it’s toll and I was beyond exhausted. My bed was a welcome sight and I did very little in the way of preparing for Monday. So here we are, Tuesday and I feel like maybe I am prepared to tackle the rest of the week. My goals for this week are:
Casa De Marshall (Homemaking)
- Work with my mom to get a good weekly menu planning routine set. Determine which nights we will be eating at which house.
- Continue my never ending battle with the laundry. (I am sure there is some lesson to be learned in my poor attitude toward laundry but I have yet to learn it.)
- Continue to work with the kids on daily chores and begin to establish a chore chart and routine there.
Mars Hall Legacy Academy (Homeschooling)
- Begin school by 9 AM each day.
- Attempt to be done with school (except for the 30 minutes of quiet reading time) by noon each day.
- Lesson plan for next week before Sunday.
- Stay up and read when finishing teaching my VIPKid classes each morning rather than going back to bed so I can prepare for the day better.
- Continue week 3 of our Daniel Plan journey and week 2 of our DDP Yoga journey.
- Focus on writing down all the food I eat this week and be conscious and aware of each thing I put into my body.
A Wise Woman in Progress (My Little Corner of the Internet)
- Begin my “Year of Tea” journey with my first Tea company review post.
- Begin working on a post sharing some of our favorite Daniel Plan meals so far.
- Work on a better social media sharing schedule.
New Life Baptist Fellowship
- Work with Dusty to begin developing a plan for community outreach
- Begin rearranging the side room of the church for children/nursery usage
- Plan a Sunday School lesson for the kids during the 10 o’clock Sunday School time.
This week’s goals for the church are the same as last week because due to us losing all day on Friday we did not manage to get to any of the things we needed to do at the church.
There they are. The goals I have set for myself this week. I am particularly excited about starting my year of tea journey. I have been researching and looking at what company I want to purchase my tea from next so if you have any recommendations send them my way.
What goals do you have set for this week? Anything exciting or amazing happening? Share it with me in the comments so I can celebrate with you.